More Than a Conqueror

More Than a Conqueror
I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Pre-Israel Newsletter


My beloved friends and family,
                All I could think about were my new black and pink sneakers.  I hated the idea of ruining them, and getting wet socks to boot... yes, that is exactly how I felt when my friend, Marissa and I were taking a walk.  The sun was brilliant and leafless vineyards dotted the landscape on this warm winter day.  Rain is a precious gift in the Middle East, and thankfully Cyprus has had an abundance this year.  But unfortunately for Marissa and my walk, this meant avoiding puddles which dotted our path.  Finally we came to a puddle which could not be avoided.  It covered the entire way, and seemed about ankle deep.  Looking at the puddle, I thought of the sneakers.  But without waiting to see what Marissa would do, I plowed ahead to the path I thought best.  The grass on the edges of the puddle was high, no trace of water.  But as soon as I stepped on it, my foot sank ankle deep in mud.  I took another step, pulling my first foot out, only to get my second foot muddy as well.  I hopped back onto the path just in time to see Marissa make her way easily across the puddle that had initially seemed so deep.  Only the soles of her feet were wet.
                Our lives in Messiah are a journey; otherwise He would not have called Himself “The Way.”  I know God is calling me into ministry, yet on this path that He has called me to walk, I often stumble.  This is the not the first time I’ve stepped into mud trying to do things my own way.  There is still a place of fierce independence in my heart that tries to do things its own way.  But I know that this is why God has me attending Gateways Beyond training school.  I am surrounded my men and women of God who follow faithfully after Him.  Day after day, they turn their eyes upwards and say “Not my will, but yours be done.”  These are the people who allow God to shine through their ministries.  And it is these people God is allowing me to follow and imitate.
                Hebrews 13:7
“Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God.  Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.
As I glean lessons from all the teachers I have the privilege to interact with, I know that God is preparing me.  I thank God for breaking my pride in my own abilities.  In just a few short weeks, He has already done so much to change my heart and renew my mind.  Without Him, there is no ministry.  Love of Him is the driving force of my life.  On March 6, we will be in Israel.  I know that everything that has been poured into me will be used to pour into the Jewish people.  I long to see revival in the Land of Israel, and I know that it is coming soon.  Please join me in prayer that His love will shine on them through our group in our month of ministry there.
Thank you so much for your support during this season of my life.  Your financial gifts and prayers have made this possible.  I look forward to writing you all when I return from Israel.  And I’m sure I will have amazing testimonies of His Grace and Power.

In the Loving Arms of Her Yeshua,
Bekah Mulford 

P.S.  Our month in Israel will be one of the highlights of my time with Gateways Beyond training school.  Please pray that the Lord opens doors of opportunity for us, and that we’re able to touch His Land with His Love.  Praise God, I have all my funds for Israel (not yet all for our end of year outreach).  But some of our group are still lacking support, so if you feel lead please go to www.gatewaysbeyond.org/donate, designating the funds to GTS II Israel Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment