More Than a Conqueror

More Than a Conqueror
I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Prophecy & Power Jolts

There are certain things that I desire in my walk with God.  I want to hear His beautiful voice.  I want to experience His presence.  I want the gifts of the spirit, especially a prophetic and discerning gifting.  As Paul says in I Corinthians 14:1, "Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy."

This may sound silly, but I have always wanted to fall backwards in the Spirit.  To be so totally overcome by the Spirit of God, that I fall out with His presence.  So, I have been doing what any good daughter does when she wants something from a generous Abba... I have been asking.  And God just keeps increasing my faith in the things I've never seen.

A few days ago, we were praying for a young 17 year old man named Pergith.  He lives in Cyprus but his family are immigrants from Asia.  Gateways likes to pray and prophecy over people who have joined our community for a short stay before sending them out.  I have prayed over people before, but on this day, God gave me a clear word for Pergith.
 I had been reading in I Samuel, about when Samuel received the call of the Lord.  I had always just thought he was asleep in his bed.  But he was in the presence of God, waiting in His temple.
But I Samuel 3:3-4 says, "The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was. Then the LORD called Samuel. Samuel answered, 'Here I am.'" 
I read this over Pergith, then my leaders told me to prophecy over him.  So I did, and I felt the power of God come over me so strongly.  He fell over in the spirit, but I kept speaking what the Lord put on the my heart for this young man.   
Then my leader put his hand on me and blessed daughters who prophecy.  Right then, I flew backward.  The power of God pushed me over.  A group of women prayed and prophecied over me.  It was amazing!

God hears our requests.  He's waiting to answer our heart's cry.  Just keep believing in Him.  He wants to give us good gifts.

ps.  See the below post to read my Pre-Israel newsletter

pps.  I will be in Israel starting this Sunday, so this will be my last post until I return in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment