More Than a Conqueror

More Than a Conqueror
I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Running the Race with my Messiah!

I am here in Cyprus!  The Island of Encouragement, as it is called by the Gateways Beyond community.  And it is so strange.  I knew that God would be doing new things in me.  I knew He would be digging deeper.  But I wasn't expecting the attack the enemy would immediately make.  
Before I came to Cyprus this year, God showed me that my life is like a well.  The water right now is pretty clean, but it is mixed with muddy water.  He showed that He would be digging out all the mud and junk, and going deeper in my life.
The cool thing is, that some of my first classes have all been about going deeper with God.  A scripture our leader, Chandy, has asked us to memorize is Ephesians 3:16-21.  Please read it out loud.  I never realized how amazing and rich it is!  (our leaders here encourage us to read the Word out loud, so that we can speak it over our lives).  This portion speaks about being strengthened by the Holy Spirit, Messiah dwelling in our hearts, and being rooted and grounded in love.  But more than this, He is inviting us to share in His infinite nature, to be "filled with the fullness of God."  I am so excited to accept this invitation.  I can't believe that the God who created the universe invites us to go deeper with Him.  That He longs for intimacy.
We have two to three hours of worship every day, and each time God interacts with His children who are desperate for Him.  People are cleansed from the schemes of satan, His Spirit is felt so tangibly, and we intercede for Israel and the nations.

God is so amazing!  We serve a great God, who has an amazing design for each of us!

Please keep in touch!  And I'll be telling you all more soon!
Bekah :-)

P.S.  We found out where we will be going on outreach in May and June...  Italy, France and Germany!!!  Europe is considered by many to be the darkest place on earth.  I'm excited to bring the light of Messiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment