More Than a Conqueror

More Than a Conqueror
I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Much too long since I wrote an update.... Next step, GENEVA!

As I sit at my terminal in the Newark International Airport, nervous excitement builds up in me.  I am jumping into my third stint with Gateways Beyond International... This time, I am no longer a student, but an intern.  Waiting to glean more from our leaders, and reach a deeper place of intimacy with my precious Yeshua.

It seems unreal to me... 2 years ago, I was desperate to move forward with God, but I didn't know how, or what that would look like.  Now, I am overwhelmed by God's goodness that He has poured into my life.

This morning as I carried my check bag out to my mom's car, I realized that it was very VERY heavy.  I knew it was probably more than my 50lb weight allowance, but by how much, I had no clue.  So I lugged it to the airport.  My sister came into town for one day, because she is going to a conference in North Carolina, and she got to drop me at the airport.  Another blessing from my precious Abba.  She asked if I wanted her to stay, to make sure the heavy-laden bag situation didn't blow up in my face.  I said I was ok.  I maybe should have asked her to stay...
I prayed for favor and guidance as I lugged my bag to a busy line.  I prayed as I was told that this was the wrong place.  I prayed as I went up an escalator, then down another escalator.  I prayed as I entered a less busy line.  And I prayed as a man told me my bag was 20lbs overweight and I owed $200.  Then I prayed...and cried. 
I tried to hold in my tears, but I was very upset at the prospect of paying $200 I didn't really have.  The man was so kind though.  He suggested that I buy a duffle and pay the substantially less extra bag fee.  I ran to a store, as he watched my bag for me, and took him up on his idea. 
As I pulled out the heavier items, he saw my devotional and seemed to light up.  He asked me what I was doing in Geneva, and I told him ministry work.  When our business was finished, He blessed me, and told me that it was so good to talk about God with someone.

Even though I did have to pay a fine (something that was no one's fault but my own), I felt like God had lead me to exactly the right person.

So now I leave for my 6 week internship at the Gateways Beyond base in Geneva.  I'm not sure what the Lord has for me next, but it's gonna be WILD, it's gonna be GREAT, it's going to be full of HIM.

Blessings to you all!
Bekah :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment